From coming-of-age to science fiction and mystery, I have to say that I have been a reader this year. So here it is: the top five fiction books or series I loved this year:
- Of course, A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor by Hank Green is by far my favorite read in sci-fi. Read the post about how I read the book in under three days.
- The One of Us is Lying duology by Karen M. McManus is a young adult mystery series. I don’t want to give anything anyway. I loved the characters in the series
- The Queen’s Gambit by Walter Tevis is by far the greatest coming-of-age novel I have read in a long time and if you play chess or watch the TV show, read it. And no, I have not watched the Netflix series yet. And yes, I love playing chess on the computer.
- The first two books of the Aurora Cycle by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff are a space opera and I can’t wait to read the third book in this series. It’s got a feel of Guardians of the Galaxy, and I ate it up.
- I Am Still Alive by Kate Alice Marshall is a survival story I read when the pandemic hit. It’s powerful and just honest about loneliness, what it means to be human and what nature throws at us.
That is all and a huge shout-out again to Bookshare. I’ve been reading on Bookshare since 2007, the summer before I started 4th grade. Most memorable books I read then? You got it, Harry Potter series – I was hooked! Bookshare has been my lifeline this year! They make it possible for me and many others with disabilities to read independently! Donate to Bookshare
Thanks all for reading my blog this year! Happy New Year!