These past two weeks, I’ve been having thoughts on my feet and stuff.
- My feet are a pain. And because of that, I am in pain. It’s a non-stop hard-to-be-distracted-from kind of pain. My mom asked me what number yesterday. Because that’s what my mom does. I said 5 to 7. I’m waiting to see my orthopedic doctor in about a week.
- Pain makes me exhausted. It’s hard to hold my head up when I’m exhausted. When I’m in pain.
- Here’s the thing. I don’t stand, not even to transfer to/from my wheelchair anymore because it’s too painful. Ankle-foot orthotics (AFOs) never worked very well for me because of my strong uncontrolled movement – my feet fought the AFOs and eventually I said “no more.” So, now my feet, are misshapen, aching, bent, etc. I don’t know what’s next for my feet.
- Okay – it just is – you get used to it – all the things I tell others and tell myself. You get used to it when you’re me. Yes, I deal with it. We deal with it. But, sometimes it really just does suck.
Other random thoughts:
- I have 140 pages written in my book.
- I went to the Legislative Update by the Minnesota Council on Disability on Monday afternoon to learn about different legislative efforts for the next session. Just because the election is over doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of work to do during the upcoming session. It’s important to make our voices heard! Finally saw my picture with former Senator Dave Durenberger in the hallway between the Senate Office Building and the Capitol. Cool!
- I took a short break from my social media break. I had to jump on Twitter for the Project 4 Awesome fundraising live video by Hank and John Green Friday to this morning. They’re my favorite vloggers (video bloggers) and authors. Maybe next year, they’ll caption the live stream, so that people with hearing loss, who need closed captioning, can be included. I love that they’re able to raise over $1.5 million for good causes and wish that they’d also caption the livestream.
- Last Doctor Who for the season is tonight. Will recharge my DBS battery and watch my now favorite Doctor! This has been a great Doctor Who season! If you got tired of watching in the last couple of years, you should give it a go!